I wrote this post when it was still spring time. But in true Lindsey fashion, I’m posting it a month late.
Spring was pretty “spring-ish” this year. In North Texas (which is drastically different then South Texas) we don’t really get four full seasons but this area gets sorta seasons. Mostly, we get a whole lotta HOT and a little bit of cold and a teeeeeny bit in-between. This year our spring was actually lovely. Minus the allergies.
This year we bought a travel trailer. The Hubs and I have always loved (tent) camping and since we’ve had the boys…well lets just say I had zero desire to drag pack’n’plays and diapers into the mix. I used to complain, if we had a camper we could “camp” since it’s pretty much a house on wheels. Welp, The Hubs finally listened. We bought a 2013 travel trailer in December.
I LOVE IT.
Unfortunately, we find ourselves super busy (nothing new) and if we don’t prioritize camping trips, they don’t happen. We’ve used the trailer as a home away from home while visiting Gramma (my mother in law) and it was absolutely great!
My goal for this summer is to camp at least once a month. If we cannot manage to use the camper, we don’t need to have it and pay insurance/storage. I wish we had a driveway where we could park it but we live on a hill, so even parking it in front of the house is sketch.
Whats up next?
S U M M E R T I M E
So far the calendar looks a bit like this
- A trip to Gramma’s for swimming fun
- Reunion with our old pre-school buddies (hopefully)
- Visit our old stomping grounds, New Braunfels, TX, and hopefully find a spot on River Road where the boys can stomp and splash around in the Guadalupe River. It’s interesting to think, the last time I left South Texas, my heart was hurting while dealing with unexplained infertility and now we get to take our boys to one of our favorite places
- LOTS of pool & backyard days
- In September we’re going to finally take our first trip to Destin, FL
We need to have a family meeting and put a “Summer To Do” wishlist together for the summer months ahead.
I have lot of other things to blog about like the boys sleeping challenges (bad dreams, sleep apnea, our Mexico vaca) so I’ll be back.
Soon, I promise.
One thought on “Spring Time In Texas”