To be very busy.
Before we had The Nuggets, I would have a list of things that I needed to get done every year around the Christmas holiday. This list consisted of things that I really love doing. Such as; homemade holiday treats for the neighbors, decorating the house inside and out, Christmas crafting with a friend, holiday shopping (at the store), Christmas cards, and more.
Enter Christmas 2013 (2 months after the boys were born)
- I attempted holiday treats and finished sometime in the first week of January. I was so embarrassed that I didn’t even give any of the treats to our new neighbors. Some of them were probably stale anyways!
- No Christmas cards were sent out — total fail for a mom super proud of her new babies.
- The Hubs managed to decorate outside and I did a little bit of the inside.
- No holiday shopping experience. I bought everything online. Let me stop here and say, I LOVE online shopping but there is something about going to the stores decorated with lights and ribbons and bows, and just basking in it all.
I honestly think anything holiday wise was completed last year because I was on maternity leave and my mom was around to assist.
Present day Christmas 2014
My list this year changed a little bit, now that the boys aren’t tiny preemie infants:
- The house is decorated. Even though some of the lights on the trees outside blew a fuse and the mantle is barely decorated…it’s up. The Christmas tree looks great.
- The boys did not get their picture with the mall Santa. We went last weekend to have it done and you have to have reservations! Since when!?!? The boys did get a picture with a Santa…that was at bar we ate at the weekend before last. Fail.
- No treats. Didn’t even bother this year. No time. Fail.
- No new Christmas crafts with my bestie. No time. Fail.
- Christmas cards were sent out! POINT ONE FOR THIS MOM! Maybe it was because I ordered them in November and was on Top. Of. My. Game! Note to future self, this is why some people start early.
- Holiday shopping is done and it was fun. The Hubs even said, “that was the nicest holiday crowd” referring to the mall we went to The Parks at Arlington. There are a few more items I need (on 12/23/14) but Target will suffices.
I cannot wait for Christmas morning to see The Nuggets faces’ light up. To be with all of my family, celebrating the reason for the season. The greatest gift God could give us, his Son.
So my list isn’t really that important in the grand scheme of things. I’m not going to stress out about it. Whatever was finished, received a check and whatever didn’t, well.. it just didn’t. Maybe next year.
I am getting better at this whole parenting thing.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Much love to all —