Does anyone say holla anymore? Yes. This girl.
This past weekend was a good time. We went out to the Lake Livingston and surrounding cities to look at the area. Josh has this dream of owning property. I do as well, but we are always getting into to much debt. We manage well but we have school loans and it would be beneficial to pay those suckers off. And not in 30 years when they come due. Ugh. Saturday night we ended up in Katy with the bro and SIL (sister-in-law) + family. Michael (newest addition to the Maltz clan) is a total cutie and he’s so stink’n good. Like, I heard him cry once. Love him. Julia (4 years old) is very clingy and lovey but seems to be handling not-being-the-baby-anymore very well. I’m proud of her.
Today is Wednesday and it’s half over. That leaves me with the remainder of this week, 2 days and then I’m off work for a solid NINE days. Oh how I love vacation time. I haven’t taken a week off of work since Josh and I got married in Oct 2007. Not cool. So needless to say, I’m stoked. I don’t actually have plans all week except we are headed to Canton, TX (hour east of Dallas, where the in-laws live) on Wednesday. It’s our year to celebrate Turkey Day with them. We’ll probably hang until Sunday since we haven’t been up there in a while. I’m hoping to squeeze in some time to see friends as well – UNT alma mater here – cawwww! All my college besties live in the Dallas area. We’ll see. My relationship with my in-laws is….interesting.
So far the Creighton Model hasn’t been all that interesting. We do have our first session next Tuesday so I’m intrigued on what we’ll be covering. The rule that says we cannot have any nookie is getting old, quick. Hurry up Tuesday! 😉
I also bought a Groupon – love those, that is for a microdermabrasion facial, I’ll knock that out next week but I’m not sure what it’s all about. Will my face be red? Will my skin fall off? Will I look 10 years younger? I’ll let ya know how it goes.
Ooooh and on Monday I made Homemade Calzones…yuuuuuuummy.
- Pizza dough (cannot be a prepared crust), canned for easiness or your homemade recipe (to keep the partially hydrogenated oils out of your system). I cheated and went with the prepped dough.
- 1 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella
- Then pretty much anything you like on pizza, I used:
- turkey pepperoni
- fresh chopped basil
- fresh chopped spinach leaves
- chopped bell peppers
- bacon bits (for the hubs)
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut in half. Press to get the most out of the two pieces, don’t go too thin in the middle though.
- On the bottom half of each of the rolled out dough spread 3/4 cup of ricotta on each and 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Add toppings
- Fold top half over bottom and pinch the edges together to seal. Spray top with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle a little oregano for aroma and garnish. Cook approximately 17-20 minutes, whenever edges and top are golden brown.
- Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Loooooooove. I made the calzones seperately for the hubs and I because he’s more of a meat eater. Neither one of us finished it, more like half so we could have probably split it. The pizza dough makes the calories a bit high but I have a close range of 830 for the entire calzone so for half you still come in under 500 for a meal. I served a side spinach salad to get some healthy stuff in the mix 🙂